Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I am desperate advice..whilst holidaying in Thailand

Customer Question

Hi I am desperate for some advice..whilst holidaying in Thailand recently I was diagnosed with acute cystitis, Upon returning to Aust, I was still suffering with the condition. After 2 lots of different antibiotics Iam feeling much better butam suffering with a burning anus and rectum.and feel like I have a lot of inteternal pressure pushing down on the said areas. My only relief is rectum creams and to lay down to take the pressure off the said areas.It is taking over my life and I would be eager for some advice please Laraine{QUESTION}
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

burning anus and rectum can be due to several potential causes such as severe internal hemorrhoid inflammation, proctitis, diverticulosis, diverticulitis, interstitial cystitis inflammation of the bladder.

you need to see a GI and urology doctor to get more testing of your rectum and colon and also a cystoscopy to look inside of your bladder to see what might be causing so much pressure and pain.

you might need a colonoscopy to look up inside of your rectum and colon to check for inflammation

a stool test can check for microscopic blood in your stool.

you might need a pelvic ultrasound or CT scan to look inside as well

have you been having any diarrhea or constipation?