tazechip
tazechip,
Experience:  dasdasd
18722459

My partner had s appendix out 4.5 weeks ago and has

Customer Question

My partner had his appendix out 4.5 weeks ago and has recovered well. He has now developed a rash around his belly button where one of the scars is. What could this be from? There has also been some mild pain, but not unusual. We are travelling overseas at the moment and he has antibiotics which he could start taking. Should he start taking the antibiotics or see if the rash heals over the next few days? If he takes the antibiotics should we also take him to a doctor as soon as possible or is it ok to wait for our return home if things clear up.
Category: Medical
Expert:  tazechip replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Since this is near one of the incision areas it is more likely to be a skin infection rather than a rash

Nothing too serious but for now I'd suggest he start the antibiotics. If it clears up in two or three days with the antibiotics there'd be no need to see a doctor

Let me know if you need any more information please