Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Can you help me interpret whether my results of CT of the

Customer Question

can you help me interpret whether my results of CT of the chest with contrast is anything to be concerned about.l Linear density in right middle lobe with subsegmental volume loss. Mild hyperventilatory changes in lower lung fields posteriorly. small pretrachial and prevascular lymph nodes seen.
my doc was not concerned but over the last year, I cannot even walk to the car without being out of breath. i wheeze terribly in most all positions. It is difficult to get a full breath. My throat is constantly red and swollen inside near my tonsils with lumps and bumps and a chronic sore throat. not much mucus comes up, but the cough feels productive sometimes.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Have you had any pulmonary function tests done i.e. a spirometry to evaluate the function of the lungs?

Please let me know.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i have not. would i need to see a pulmonologist for that?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Yes I think that you need to see a pulmonologist to have your lung function tests done as I would like to rule out conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or restrictive lung disease that could be the cause of your symptoms.

The CT scan findings are nonspecific and not something that I would be concerned about too much.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options.

Kind regards