Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

A 37 year old female. I have been back and fourth to

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** 37 year old female. I have been back and fourth to emergency room for many years regarding symptoms I continue to have...I have had a number of exams and even my gallbladder removed and still have the issue. Drs. have diagnosed me with all sorts of things that do not seem to be serious to them.
I have had consistent upper right abdomen pain for a many years and it radiates to my back. During these years I have had CBC's Done and Hepatic panel testing scans and sonograms. I have been referred from doctor to doctor still no solution. Long history of things.
Well, about 3 years ago I was told after a sonogram of my liver that I had stage 3 fatty liver disease. It was never treated. I was just told to go on an anti-Inflammatory diet. Since then, I have been fatigued, weak, Nausea, my skin always has these red pin spots that come on my chest and arms, itchy skin/scalp/face, high blood pressure, body joint and muscle aches, Low ferritin levels, shortness of breath, feels like a lump in my throat/Phlegm or mucus that makes me feel like clearing my throat for over 3 months, dizziness, vision problems/floaters, very heavy clotting periods, constipation/diahrrea, the list goes on and on. I just don't feel well. Gastro doctor says it's probably IBS. Pain specialist says I have essential mediated hypotension. I looked back at all my blood tests and found my lipase levels to be very low all the time, My AlP levels are always mildly elevated always abnormal. CRP levels have been elevated at times but then goes back to normal and up and down issue.
So my primary physician began sending me to different doctors to figure out whats going on. Cardiologist says its not my heart, Gyn says the CT Scan taken at the ER didn't show anything except for a possible Corpus cyst and Non specific free flowing fluid in my pelvic area. Sonagram prior to that said Nabothian cyst. They said I had nothing to worry about. Had an endoscopy and colonoscopy done was told that my stomach inflammation, erosion and abnormal z-line, also they found patchy nodules in my small intestine that were non-malignant. Again, doc said nothing to worry about. Yet I still live with the pain and discomfort. Gastro doc took hepatic panel again and saw liver enzymes still elevated and now kidney damage from creatinine.
The burning pain is still here under my rib cage as we speak. I went and got a copy of the recent ct scan because they say that my liver looks fine but yet I was told 3 years ago that I have fatty liver disease. My primary says I have fibromyalgia and CFS as well.
I believe there is something causing all these symptoms but no one has found the issue yet. So i am reaching out to other doctors who might be able to help me.
Also, was diagnosed with borderline hypothyrodism in july.
I am lost and
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Have you had STD? Does the pain occur when you have a period?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Negative for std's
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pain in not in my lower abdomen it's in the upper right side under my ribcage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a burning feeling like in my liver area. My liver enzymes are always mildly elevated. Its been tested 3 times per year for 7 years and it's always abnormal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pain is constant. Has nothing to do with my period.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Did you have CAT scan or MRI for the lower part of the lungs? When you press the area, do you feel pain? When you have a bowel movement, does the pain disappear temporally? Does anything make it better or worse?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it does not hurt when i press it. Its kind of a constant burning nag in my rib cage area sometimes it hurts more sometimes less but i feel it in my back also. I have not found anything that makes it better.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh and yes i had a sonogram in which they told me at one point that i had fatty liver disease and it would go away with dietary changes. I made changes and lost weight but its still there. I also had a ct scan of my entire stomach recently and they said they did not find anything except for a possible cyst in my ovaries. They made no mention of my liver.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also had a chest x-ray but they said that is clear.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Does anything make the pain better or worse? Does it radiate to somewhere else? When did it start? Is it consistent? Is it getting worse? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any other surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history? Has stress been increased at home or work just before the pain started?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im 5'6 and 170pds. Yes there was weight changes... I gained then lost weight quickly. Uts been going on for years. More than 7 years. My gallbladder was removed 7 years ago due to the pain but the pain still exist. Stress is no more than usual actually i'm less stresssed now than ever. I have noted all thus already in my first summary.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Was the CT used with contrast in veins?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was. They are taking another ct scan tomorrow because my liver enzymes are still elevated.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

There are some liver enzymes. What are your abnormal liver enzymes? Can you tell me the result? Or can you attach the test result here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My liver enzymes have been 141, 118, 119, and 121, 143, 142, 152 it varies all the time but always abnormal
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

What is the name of the liver enzyme?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im not sure about all of them but doctor told me my hepatic blood tests were abnormal. I believe its the ALP's only but not sure. I just know those numbers are from my ALP's
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

That could mean bile congestion. You should have Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) instead of CT. It can evaluate the liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, pancreas and pancreatic duct for disease.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Because i do not have a gallbladder anymore so I know its not that. It makes total sense to me that it could be Either liver, pancreas or ducts. Its just really hard to get a doctor to listen. Today they are giving me another enhanced CT Scan with oral contrast. I'm not sure what the difference is between oral an IV. I will mention the magnetic reasoning to the doctor as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also i forgot to mention that I love coffee but recently found a disgust for coffee. I am tirned off by the taste of it.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You could be pregnant. You should be careful before you take the test.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No im not pregnant. This has been happening over the course of a year.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Enhanced CT Scan with oral contrast should be for the same purpose as MRCP. The difference is CT exposes you to radiation and MRCP doesn't. MRCP is more expensive than the CT. Your doctor's idea is similar to mine.