Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

S, I'm a recently retired Muncipal SWAT and USMC Gunny and

Customer Question

Good evening Doctors, I'm a recently retired Muncipal SWAT and USMC Gunny and have been under one civillian doctor care since retiring from the DOD in 2013. The doc and I experienced trying several pain meds to help me. Since 07 ive had 14 surgeries from injuries from IED's and SWAT. I CANNOT take Tramadol cannot take Oxycotin. I currently take Oxycodone 30 and Norco. Although I've done it several times I have quit cold turkey but after 10-12 days I can bearly walk around the block with my wife and I get back on the meds. I want to transastition back the Norco to where I don't take it then reduce the oxycodone to maybe half what I'm taking and over a few months try to stop it also. Ok, I'm a white male, 6-3, 220 (one year ago I was 260 working weights everyday bench 405lbs and I'm now in my AARP years. I need a doc close to Norman or even south OKC.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAswer. Thank you for your service.

Do you mean that you are no longer living in the location of the civilian doctor that you have been seeing since 2013?

Have you tried local doctors that have not been willing to prescribe these medicines?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my doctor is in Edmond Oklahoma and I'm an 1 1/2 hour south in Norman Oklahoma. I can't find a doctor here! It's Norman, home of OU University, pop 85,000, I think the docs are gun shy due to all the DEA stricter control and yes, there are a TON of dealers and abusers and docs and pharmacies are confused on who's who!!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need a local doc to take care of me long term until my wife and I live out our lives next to the ocean!!

Let me research what is available in your area. I will post again once I have completed my research.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** Blue Cross Blue Shield and Tricare thru the DOD and of course cash.🇺🇸🇺🇸

It is not easy to identify which insurances are accepted by doctors/clinics, but once I find what resources are available, you can contact them to check which insurances are accepted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Realistly insurance is not a road block for me. R u in Austin?

No, I am in North Carolina.

OK, I have completed my research.

The specialist that is usually most willing to prescribe opiates for long term use are Pain Management doctors. I can only find two locations in Norman that have Pain Management doctors. These are

• Norman Interventional Pain Management, which includes several doctors, at 3650 W. Rock Creek Rd and a telephone number of(###) ###-####
  • Alina Justiz, at the Oklahoma Center for Orthopedics, at 3101 W. Tecumseh Rd, Ste 102and a telephone number of(###) ###-####

Each of these are listed as Interventional Pain Management doctors, and these doctors tend to focus more on procedures to help with pain relief, rather than the chronic use of opiates. You should still check with their offices, but they may not offer this service. I cannot find any general Pain Management doctors in Norman, only these Interventional Pain Management doctors. However, I can find some general Pain Management doctors in south Oklahoma City, including

• Darryl Robinson, MD & Rita Hancock, MD, at 3110 SW 89th St, Oklahoma City, and phone number of(###) ###-####/li>
  • George Alhaj, MD, at*****, Oklahoma City, and phone number of(###) ###-####

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️, very imformal on my topics. Defiently recommend it, Dr. D. Love is exceptional!!

I am glad I could be of assistance. Please remember to provide a positive rating above or below this window so that I am credited for assisting you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️, very imformal on my topics. Defiently recommend it, Dr. D. Love is exceptional!! Doc responds promptly and had to research for me and took it all the way to a final answer!! Thx Doc J. Hill USMC

I am glad that I could be of assistance, but there still needs to be a rating on the separate rating field that appears above or below the dialogue box. So far, no formal rating is coming through the system. If the opportunity to rate separately is not appearing, then we may need to ask customer service for assistance.