Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have experienced serious anul swelling - like you push out

Customer Question

I have experienced serious anul swelling - like you push out your bot***** *****p - after a bowel movement. this is only the second time it has happened but this time it has remained swollen for 36hrs and it is still swollen and sore. No bleeding. I do have RA - not sure if this is a symptom.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

this sounds like you are pushing out a anal hemorrhoid out of your anal canal

or it could be a polyp or anal prolapse.

this doesn't sound like it is associated with rheumatoid arthritis.

you need to see a doctor and get a finger rectal exam to check if this feels like a hemorrhoid.

hemorrhoids are veins in your rectum and anus which can become very swollen from constipation and hard stools and can often bleed and become swollen and tender

your doctor can prescribe prescription steroid creams and suppositories to help calm down hemorrhoid inflammation.

at your age of 57, you need a colonoscopy to look at the inside of your colon as a routine screening test after age 50.

have you had problems with constipation and large hard stools where you have to strain and push down hard to pass the stool? this can often cause hemorrhoid veins to swell up