Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I drink apple cider vinegar (1 tablespoon in 8 ounces of

Customer Question

I drink apple cider vinegar (1 tablespoon in 8 ounces of H20) in water to assist with digestion. Last night I must have not stirred it because when I took a sip it burned my throat. This morning my throat still hurts a little, nothing serious but I can
definitely feel it. Do you think I did any permanent damage to it or should it heal up in a few days?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I doubt you did permanent damage to your throat.

vinegar is an acid and often can worsen stomach acid production and cause gastritis and even cause acid reflux

stomach acid reflux can also burn your esophagus and throat.

you should see a doctor to see if you have acid reflux coming up from your stomach.

you might need to go on medications to cut down on stomach acid like zantac or prilosec or nexium or protonix.

this can help calm down your stomach and could help your stomach.

taking probiotics and eating yogurt and eating plenty of fruits and vegetables and drinking plenty of water and regular exercise are the best way to help your bowels and digestion.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com