Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I used compound W on a wart. I couldnt get it to wash off,

Customer Question

I used compound W on a wart. I couldnt get it to wash off, as it formed a coating, so I pulled it off, over and over again. It also would scab over, but, I kept putting the compound w on the wart. I have a very sore, burning bump on my leg. How should I treat this. It appears to be a burn/bump
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Compound W will cause the skin to turn white. It affects the superficial skin cells and these will flake off in time( best not to pull and peel at it as you may damage your skin by doing that) The compound W kills the virus that causes the warts.. Normal cells heal into the treated area from below and to the sides of the area of treatment.

If you have peeled it and it is open or sore than you may apply an antibiotic ointment such as Neosporin twice day to the site. Otherwise leave it alone and allow it to heal !!

I hope that this information is helpful for you. let me know if you have further questions. i will be happy to get back with you. If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank you and best regards,

Anthony Bray MD