Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

What is the best home remidy with a golf ball sized abscess

Customer Question

What is the best home remidy for dealing with a golf ball sized abscess on cheek bone ?
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I use the technic bottling to drain abscess on my face? It's to do with boiling a bottle in water and then dumping the hot water out and placing the open end on my face over the abscess? I'm interested in trying this or some other better home remidys plz.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

I am sorry that no expert has yet responded, but it is likely because there is no good home remedy for an abscess on the cheek bone. Even if the abscess drains, either spontaneously or by any home intervention, it still would be necessary to use antibiotics to clear the underlying infection that caused the abscess. If the underlying infection is not treated, then the abscess will typically form again. In terms of home interventions to facilitate drainage, the heated glass bottle is as good an intervention as can be done at home, particularly if there is a visible site of potential drainage over which the bottle can be placed, but there still should be consideration of an antibiotic.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.