Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

Does the taking of cialis elevate creatinine level

Customer Question

does the taking of cialis elevate creatinine level
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 year ago.

Well Cialis usually doesnt cause the rise in creatinine or rise in other renal parameters. However that being said there have been a few case reports of this causing a rise in the creatinine. In one study. there was a report of 0.27% of the patients who took cialis experienced some rise in their creatinine level. However this side effect is NOT a part of the usual warnings associated with its use. Secondly it is a very rare side effect as i mentioned.

So while it can cause the rise in creatinine, it is not likely to do so in an overwhelming majority of the patients who use cialis.

I hope I have been helpful and this answers your query. Please remember to assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge although any bonuses would be appreciated. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.

If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place and still earn a positive rating from you. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR Dr. Muneeb Ali".

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Do you have anymore questions? If not, please leave a POSITIVE rating as until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow up question even after the POSITIVE rating.

Do you have anymore questions? If you are done for now, please leave a POSITIVE feedback rating as until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow up questions even after the rating.