Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I am short three toes and the bones behind them due to a oil

Customer Question

I am short three toes and the bones behind them due to a oil field accident. Anyway, I have lost my prescription for oxycontin and oxycondone , the pain program that I was in does not allow any use of the medical marijuana program. I was using it when my stomach would get twisted from the meds. Worked great from time to time. I have a medical card as is needed in this state Montana. Anyway how do I work. The pain get very bad the longer that I'm on it. I can not stop working. The oxy. family has its down falls but its the best that I've found. They allow me to have the best quality of life that I can have with this type of injury. What can I do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

any other medical issues?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No ,that's the problem I'm in great shape for my age other than the job injuries. Just had a physical and all is great.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mine is a worker comp injury. Wyoming Worker Compensation

what about seeing podiatry to get some type of orthotic built?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is an injury from1998. They build me boots with orthoughtic . The pain is about a four if I sit on my ass but I have not found anyone that will pay wages for that. Working I can make it 2 to 6 hour with meds. Depending on the job of course.

I'm really sorry.

What assistance can I offer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm looking for a doctor that will prescribe my pain killers oxycotin and oxycodone. but I don't want them so large. The doctor that I had gave me 40 mg oxycotin and 15mg oxycodone. I would like to go back to 20 mg oxycotin and 5 mg oxycodone. and be able to eat marijuana cookies the evenings. This will help me to take less pills. Is there any thing that you can do? Or can you get me to someone that could help?

where do you live?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in Billings Montana.

see these doctors

http://www.billingsclinic.com/services-specialties/physical-medicine-rehabilitation/

PMNR is often the best pain management

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried the Billings Clinic. They have a zero tolerance for marijuana even if it helps me to take less pills. and that's with a medical marijuana prescription .

I understand. I would try to find a good internist then

http://www.svh-mt.org/services-and-departments/primary-care/clinics/internal-medicine/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked online myself. I was hoping that you had an answer not more ways to look. I don't believe that you have helped me yet. Could we try again? I need help! I have to be able to work.

How else can I help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You seem like a nice guy but you have not helped at all.

I'm sorry. I will opt out for another expert if you like

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really don't know what you did but tell me that you were opting out.
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

The other expert has opted out of the thread.

I am not sure what your current question is?

We answer medical questions.

We do not diagnose or treat.