khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

C Doctor. Has an Upper GI endoscooy and a colonoscopy. The

Customer Question

Hic Doctor David.
This is Adriane. Has an Upper GI endoscooy and a colonoscopy. The colon is clear, but the stomach has a chronic gastritis and what I worry the most: "no gross lesions in the duodenum" and "Erythematous duodenopathy." All sent to bipsy. The Problem is: my doctor also asked me another test: the capsule endoscopic." And when I started to research about it, I fell apart. Since then, I cannot sleep, I cannot even function! I have called the doctor, but he doesn't answer. The worse is: My tests were on November 13, Friday, I have tickets bough to leave the country on December 1st, to spend 2 months with my Brazilian family and don't know if it's worthy to be diagnosed here or there. I try to call my doctor assistant to see how long it will take, but she is not answering me either. How long a biopsy could take? I am so lost. So scared. Don't want to travel without a diagnosis. I don't have vomits, nor nausea, am not loosing weight, but I do have some abdominal discomfort. I asked my doctor if had cancer, he told me I have an inflammation in the duodenum and we have to wait for the biopsy. So, why did he ask for a capsule endoscopic? Was not the Upper GI endoscooy enough?
I was supposed to be focused on my trip, and now I can't sleep, can't eat and can't even function, because I am scared as I have never been in my life."no gross lesions in the duodenum" means Cancer?? Please, help.
Thank you.
Adriane Johnston
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

He doesn't seem to be working now. May I take your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure. Please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there? Please, some doctor, help me to find some answer... Thank you.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

I am here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you read my question about my tests? Should I write again or do you still have it???
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any symptoms besides abdominal discomfort?

Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Does anything make it better or worse?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I was a little constipated, but now I am fine. I am taking ezomeprazol and since I am under tremendous stress, bowel are softer and loosen than normal. I feel some pain, but I have always had gastritis.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how to answer your question, I really don't know. I just know I have some pain, that's all. Why did my doctor asked for a Capsule? Why the endoscooy was not enough? Why?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Did you have an occult blood test in the stool?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The question is: the fact the doctor asked for a capsule men I have cancer?? How long does take for a biopsy and for a capsule test to be read?
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. This occult blood in the stool was not asked.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The question is: why did my doctor asked me for a capsule? Are capsules tests only indicated because of cancer? Or it can be something else??? What is Erythematous duodenopathy? How long can take for these tests to be ready? Thank you.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

He may check Crohn disease that is sometimes in the small intestine with a capsule test. I think it is less likely.

Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

The biopsy result would come back in around one week.

Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

I don't think you have cancer. It is very rare that cancer is in the small intestine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sending you a file with a picture of the lesion.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the file
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could this inflammation on my duodenum be cause by the acid from my gastritis? I have always had gastritis and lately, I have a terrible crisis of stress...
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Erythematous duodenopathy is inflammation of the duodenum. It could be cause with Crohn disease. That's why he ordered a capsule test to check the other small intestine. It is not cancer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could that lesion and inflammation be cause by my gastritis? Or could that lesion be just an a duodeniti?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank you so much.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome. Take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How about no gross lesions? Could they be just an ulcer in the duodenum? How that image of the file look like?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could the acid of my gastritis be causing the lesion? Did you see the file I sent?
Sorry. I apologize for my dispair...
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

There is a small mass in the image. It could be inflammation. I am sure he biopsied it. But no ulcer. The acid could cause the lesion.

Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Even though you have Crohn disease, there are good medications for it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean with "small mass"?
Now I am scared to death! :-(
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can Chron disease cause "small mass"? Or is a small mass an inflamation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I was driving and didnt see your answers. Thank you very much.
When the biopsy is ready I let u know.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

There could be ulcer around the mass. The mass could be normal tissue. Because there could be ulcer around it, the normal tissue could look like a mass or a polyp.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I have hope you are right.
Thank you very much again.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome. Take care.