Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have recently spent 10 months in a veterans home and

Customer Question

I have recently spent 10 months in a veterans home and Veterans hospital for four months before that. I was diagnosed with dimentia and liver problems!! The last two nights I have experienced a slight numbness in my right leg is this something related to that? Thanks you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

The numbness in the leg may be due to many causes, such as damage, irritation or compression of several nerves or a single branch of a nerve. It may also be caused by certain conditions affecting the peripheral nerves, such as diabetes.

It may also be caused by certain conditions which may cause both dementia and numbness such as amyloidosis. Therefore you need to know the cause for your dementia.

Also liver problems may cause vitamin deficiencies leading to numbness. Hence this new symptom may be related to your previous conditions, but further testing may be required.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with five star excellent rating.

Thanks.