Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

What would be the physical reasons impotence organic?

Customer Question

What would be the physical reasons for having impotence organic?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, trying to help you today.

Organic Impotence is an inability to penetrate firmly an erected penis into the vagina or an inability t sustain erection till the completion of intercourse.

The physical causes for organic impotence can be divided into various categories, and I have enlisted everything here.

Vascular

Atherosclerosis

Fibrosis

Pelvic trauma

Radiation

Neurologic

Spinal cord injury

Multiple sclerosis

Neuropathy

Diabetes

Alcohol

Miscellaneous

Postoperative nerve damage

Drugs

Endocrinologic

Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism

Pituitary–hypothalamic tumors

Primary and secondary hypogonadism

Thyroid disease

Systemic disease

Drugs

Mechanical

Peyronie's disease

Sequelae of priapism

Phimosis

Trauma

Hope the information is helpful.

You can ask me more questions in future, and just bookmark the page to do that!

Request you to rate the answer positively [hopefully excellent], only then I'm compensated in just answer.

Have a good day!

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi

am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.

The common cause of endocrine impotence is diabetes.

A common cause of vascular is venous leak. This needs a urologist and ultrasound to diagnose. This is one of the first things we think of clinically.

Hypertension in general and high cholesterol.

Low testosterone levels from any cause.

Prostate disease.

These are the ones we see in the office, along with obesity [all too common], metabolic syndrome [common], parkinson's disease, heart disease [common] , tobacco use, sleep disorders [also common and missed]. Alcohol [common]. Medications [common].

I will mention that if you still get erections at all, it is likely not physical, but psychological.

See your urologist or internist at this point.

Please click a positive on this answer page. We are only paid per positive rating, on our specific answers.

I am a double board certified US doctor. I will always give you clinical, accurate, precise and comprehensive answers based on practicing clinical medicine for over 20 years.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thank you and I hope to have provided you with useful information. Don't forget to rate.

HI.

I am here daily between 9 am and 9 PM EST.

Again see my answer above, which completes the list with the common problems.

You can find me by request any time.

Only a positive rating on a specific experts post gets that specific expert paid.

I would like to emphasis that impotence is a serious problem, regardless of the cause. And requires expert examination, asap.

Thank you.

Hi, Hope the answer was elaborative and helpful! Can you just click on positive rating, only then, we experts are compensated for the time we spend to answer the question.

Thank you. Have a great day!