Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have adnoid carsonoma cancer in my left breast, I'm told

Customer Question

I have adnoid carsonoma cancer in my left breast, I'm told this is very rare I'm just worried my two daughters are at risk? Michelle USA I'm due to have a Masectomy on the 19th of this month and I hope it's the right thing to do! Michelle H.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michelle,

This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

I understand your concern.

Even if it is a rare variety cancer, the prognosis depends on how much it has spread.

If the tumor is limited within the breast without any spread, then there is very good chance of cure with mastectomy by completely removing the breast.

Hormone sensitivity of the tumor also should be checked to decide on the need for adjuvant therapy following surgery to prevent recurrence.

Your daughters should undergo genetic testing to look for any breast cancer specific gene present or not.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.

If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am a cancer doctor.

I am sorry about your adenoid carcinoma of your breast. this is a rare type of histology for breast cancer.

your daughters are not at risks for adenoid carcinomas of the breast.

they don't need genetic testing for breast cancer, but they should start to get mammograms and ultrasound of their breast at age 40.

at age 58, you don't need genetic testing for breast cancer. this will not change your treatment plan.

but you may benefit from Oncotype genetic tests of your breast cancer cells to tell you what your systemic cancer spread risk is to see if you might benefit from chemotherapy or not.

it is best that you consult with both a medical oncologist (chemotherapy doctor) and radiation oncologist after your mastectomy to see if you need additional therapy after your mastectomy.

these additional treatments can improve your chances of cure

ask your doctors to send the pathology slides out also to a large NCCN cancer hospital pathology department for second opinion pathology evaluation of the slides to double check on the diagnosis to make sure it is a adenoid carcinoma in your breast.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michelle,

I understand your concern.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.

This is the link to my profile:

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

do you have any question?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am a cancer doctor.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com