Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have excessive weeing problems I wear pads all the time.

Customer Question

I have excessive weeing problems I wear pads all the time. At night I am not conscious of my bladder working (I sleep very soundly) . I am 84 years old .
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having urinary control problems.

this can happen as we all get older

at age 84, your nerves in your pelvis may not be working as well to hold back your urine

you can do kegel exercises to help strengthen your pelvic floor muscles to hold your urine back.

you need to be checked for neurogenic bladder which is lack of nerve control to your bladder.

you should consult with a urologist for evaluation of your bladder and nerves going to your bladder.

you might benefit from medications like Vesicare (solifenacin) or hyoscyamine or Detrol or oxybutynin which can help relax your bladder muscles if you have overactive or spasming bladder muscles.

you might need an MRI scan of your pelvis and sacrum to look at nerves in your pelvis

let me know if you have questions.