Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I 't see a radiologist on here, but perhaps my question

Customer Question

I don't see a radiologist on here, but perhaps my question can be answered simply. I have x-rays/DEX/and MRI done by the VA, but I'd like a second opinion on what the VA radiologist found. I did call one imaging service, and they said the radiologist couldn't
do it for 'liability' reason. Is there any way to have a doctor/radiologist give me a read, or do I have to be radiated yet again, and spend three hours on the road to get an MRI?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

MRI scans don't expose you to radiation.

why are you questioning what the first radiologist reported?

do you have your MRI scan reports?

was your MRI scan an open MRI or close? what part of the body? was it with contrast?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had an x-ray ( I have ankylosing spondylitis), I have an MRI (close no contrast). I have the MRI scan report/s. Area covered is from hips to cervical.Reason for wanting a second; the VA did the imaging and report. I lack confidence in the VA after having been on a medication - levothyroxine - for nine years, and despite my complaints of issues was left on it to my detriment. I now have more bone thinning - levo is known for it, and I was already osteopenic - muscle spasms that haven't quite yet, and enamel flaking off the surface of my tooth for no reason. So yeah, a BIT of a lack of confidence...
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I am on levothyroxine and I am not worried about bone thinning.

are you a man or woman?

how old are you?

levothyroxine is a thyroid hormone

what is your TSH or thyroid stimulation hormone level? this can tell if your thyroid hormone levels are correct for you.

have you been treated with steroid therapy for your ankylosing spondylitis? steroid therapy can definitely cause osteopenia.

was the MRI scan of your cervical and thoracic and lumbar spine?

what did the report say?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Respectfully, ***** ***** cause bone thinning - see the list - and I had to get off levo in favor of thyroid usp.It appears we are too far apart in our understanding and thinking for this conversation to be useful.Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you are welcome

thanks for using JustAnswer.com