Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have had joint or muscle pain, very tired, loss of

Customer Question

I have had joint or muscle pain, very tired, loss of appetite, and feel bloated for more then a week now. What can it be. I can't lay in my back or side for too long because it feels like it gets to hot in that area.
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Do you have difficulty in adjusting cold temperature compared to people around you? constipation? dry skin? Does anything make it better or worse? When did it start? Is it consistent? Is it getting worse? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problem? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 4'11", 140, no weight change. No difficulty with temperature, I am a bit constipated, and yes my skin is dry all over even itch at times. No change in intensity.
The feeling tired and body pain it's been exactly 1 week and 2 days, the bloating,nausea, constipation and random stomach pains have been off and on for the last couple of months. My dads side of the family suffers from diabetes, high blood pressure. No over the counter medication or herbs. No aware of anything that could have triggered it.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

sore throat? fever? sleepiness? Does anyone have similar problem around you?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

abnormal thyroid hormone levels can cause constipation and dry itchy skin issues.

bowel allergies to gluten or gluten sensitivies can cause bloating and nausea and bowel pains

milk lactose allergies can cause the same symptoms.

you can try avoiding gluten for a week and avoiding milk and diary products for a week and see if these help your symptoms.

you should see your doctor to get blood testing to check your thyroid hormone levels as well

and get your iron and B12 and vitamin D levels checked as well

do you have a doctor you can see who can run some blood tests for you?