Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I suddenly felt a vibratory sense my left testicle. And it's

Customer Question

I suddenly felt a vibratory sense my left testicle. And it's lasting for several minutes at a time. What can that be?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

There are a couple of considerations when there is a vibratory sensation in the testicle.

It certainly could be related to infection/inflammation of the testicle or the tube that drains the testicle. It could be related to altered blood flow to the testicle/scrotum or pooling of blood flow, such as in distended veins. It also could be related to irritation of the nerve that serves the testicle. The irritation of the nerve can occur anywhere along the course of the nerve, including in the scrotum, the groin, or deeper in the pelvis. Nerve irritation could be related to something minor, such as trauma or a muscle spasm pressing on the nerve, or it could be related to a variety of anatomic or metabolic conditions that can affect the nerves.

Although it would require a proper evaluation to make a specific diagnosis, it would be reasonable to first try conservative management at home, including the use of an anti-inflammatory medicine, such as ibuprofen or naproxen, along with using supportive clothing and applying cold or warm compresses to the scrotum.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

If I can help with any future questions, I can be reached through my profile at www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/

Thank you for using JustAnswer.