Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I took six 4mg methylprednisolone by mistake, instead of two

Customer Question

I took six 4mg methylprednisolone by mistake, instead of two at breakfast, 2 at lunch, two at bedtime for first of 6 day regimen. What should I do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Although you should have taken them as prescribed but taking six at a time are not going to harm you. At the most they can irritate your stomach. If you are not taking any antacid tablet with prednisone, you can take over the counter available capsule omeprazole 20 mg twice daily and you should continue it till you are on prednisone. Always inform your doctor before adding any new medicine. If you feel any stomach pain or any other unusual symptom, go to ER but if you are fine right now, as per my experience, you are not going to get any further problem. Please don't take the rest of the dose today. Continue the normally prescribed dosage from tomorrow. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards