Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Now where my nasal passage meets my throat I get a build up

Customer Question

Hi. Now where my nasal passage meets my throat I get a build up of semi solid mucus on a very regular basis. It forms like a cap and I'm very conscious of it being there, it's very uncomfortable as it feels like it sits in my throat, it's there for hours sometimes days until it suddenly let's go of whatever it's attached to and as it his my wind pipe I ammidiatly cough it up. I feel it when I swallow but doesn't budge, I feel it when I inhale. It's hard and always the same shape like a ball cut in half and hollowed out. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this inconvenience?
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You should take over-the-counter allergic medication such as zyrtec and allegra and drink enough water. If it still doesn't work, you should see your doctor to get nasal steroid spray such as Nasonex to suppress mucus production.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

there are other the counter steroid nasal sprays like Nasocort you can try

you should see a doctor about this and get a direct nasolaryngoscopy scope procedure to look down your throat to look for hidden fungal candida pharyngitis infections in the back of your throat.

gargling with salt water regularly could help

Mucinex could help break up the mucous.

I would see an ENT specialist doctor if you can

let me know if you have questions

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

do you have any other questions?