Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Are you there

Customer Question

Hi are you there
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Do you have the detailed descriptions of the shadow and polyp on the reports?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also need to mention my mum had a lobular carcinoma 6 years ago. It didn't spread to her lymph nodes. She had double mastectomy and radiation . Before these abdominal cramps that started 3 weeks ago she was fine ... The doctors are puzzled why all her blood work is normal despite this pain. Please help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I need to ask about the shadowing and polyps maybe you can tell me the diff scenarios . My hope is that it is something else entirely and not liver or pancreatic cancer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Her gall bladder was removed 10 yrs ago. That's all I know. If it was cancer wouldn't her blood tests show it?

It would be far more common to have fatty tissue in the liver. It is true that blood tests would be more likely to be abnormal if it is cancer, but it is not always true. The biopsy is the ultimate test, but at this stage, the best information that would provide a suggestion of whether it is worrisome for cancer or more suggestive of fatty tissue is the details of the description in the radiology reports. Can you get the description in the reports?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will try to get them ? How can I send to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could a fatty liver cause the pancreatitis ? Or would that be from the polyp they found on the pancreas?

You can either type it in here. Or if you can get the report as a image file or other computer file, the entire report can be attached (although you should black out the name of the individual).

The fatty tissue in the liver would not cause pancreatitis directly, but elevated lipids or altered lipid metabolism can cause pancreatitis and contribute to fatty tissue in the liver.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wasn't here when the doctor came but he did say that tge shadowing on the liver looked to him like cancer. But he said he is baffled by the fact that blood tests are normal and that the ct scan a yr ago was clear? Can you tell me what else it could be?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What can cause elevated lipids then ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can shadowing be fatty tissue ? Does it look the same on scan?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for all the questions I'm just so worried. I know pancreatic cancer is a death sentence

Until you can get me the details, all that can be said is that it could be either benign or cancerous tissue in the liver. Sometimes, it can look very different, but sometimes can be ambiguous, but the specific description would be necessary to be able to say any more.

Elevated lipids is usually mostly determined by genetics, although also affected by lifestyle factors, such as diet and exercise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will get the reports . But I can't get them for a few hours until the doctor arrives
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last question .., are they trying to determine if it's pancreatic or liver cancer?

They are probably more concerned about whether it is pancreatic cancer, but I can say better once I can review the reports.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou for answering my questions :)

I will be glad to provide additional information once the reports can be obtained.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hopefully they will give them to me

Let me know once you know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the waiting till next Tuesday for biopsy results that's total torture.

Let me know the reports and I can discuss what can be said from the reports.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks . Really do appreciate it ;)

You are most welcome.