Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I HAVE BEEN UNDER ALOT OF STRESS..MY BP WAS UNDER CONTROL

Customer Question

hello i HAVE BEEN UNDER ALOT OF STRESS..MY BP WAS UNDER CONTROL NOW ITIS 155/100 ALSO HAVE LOWER BACK PAIN EVERY DAY. DOES THE CONSTANT PAIN RAISE THE BP I DONT LIKE MY DOCTOR.I HAD TO LEAVE MY DOCTOR OF 25 YEARS FOUND OUT SHE WAS SCAMMING MEDICARE WHAT IS A GOOD RX TO LOWER BP.I DONT USE SALT OR FATTY FOODS. HOPE YOU CAN HELP. I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING FORECLOSURE OF MY HOME FOR 3 YEARS JUST OWN GOVERMENT IS GONG TO HELP THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

You need to be seeing a doctor about your BP

However, given your age, this is not really that high.

New guidelines are that you be less than 150/90.

You should not do this on your own.

As far as home maneuvers:

nutrient dense diet

magnesium

exercise as indicated by your doctors exam and as approved

cutting salt

drinking water

relaxation training/biofeedback.

Lower back pain needs evaluation. Lumbar spine and kidney problems can cause pain here.

Problems with the aorta sometimes can, and that needs to b e ruled out.

It is essential that you see a doctor, even if you go to urgent care at this point for starters.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

a blood pressure of 155/100 is high for your age and prolonged periods of this blood pressure being this high at your age can cause extra stress on your heart and stress on your kidneys as well.

your heart and your kidneys have to do extra work to push blood around your body when your blood pressure is this high.

if you eat processed foods or boxed foods or eat out, you are already getting a lot of salt in your diet.

you should find a new doctor and talk about blood pressure medications like ACE inhibitors lisinopril and other medications which can lower your blood pressure and protect your kidneys

if you have a lot of stress in your life, you need to talk to your doctor about stress reducing activities.

if you have a lot of excessive anxiety if your life, then anti-anxiety medications can help as well.

at your age of 72, you should have medicare insurance and you should be able to see any doctor which takes medicare.

let me know if you need help finding a doctor close to you who takes medicare.