Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

QUESTION}I am being treated lyme all holistic. I ate dinner

Customer Question

QUESTION}I am being treated for advanced lyme all holistic.
I ate dinner tonight and took a bath. Had left foot hanging over side of tub. Got out and have left lower quadrant pain. Feel it worse when I move or bend over or try to move. I have digestive issues that we are working on but this feels different than that. It's about three inches directly diagnal from the left of my belly button. When I am in resting position it's better but then I move and feel it. I pray to god it's just a muscle but I am really scared bcz I have endured so much these past three years. I just finished my cycle today.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply.

Basically the pain in the lower abdomen to the left may be caused by many conditions. Your doctor may want to do an ultrasound scan of the abdomen if indicated after a physical examination. This pain can be due to gynecological causes or due to gastrointestinal cause. Sometimes this may be muscular pain or due to kidney stones.

Do you have any other symptoms such as constipation, diarrhea, or changes in stool consistency. Do you have increased urinary frequency, urgency, or pain. Is the urine cloudy or pink?

Expert:  alma-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/medical/9eb2w-question-i-treated-lyme-holistic-i-ate-dinner-tonight.html) Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Holistic treatment is not going to work for lyme disease. As a MD, and a person who has had lymes disease twice, I can say this with confidence....

Get into see an MD and get started on doxycycline and, if necessary, IV therapy.

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.