How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 44327
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been having a dull ache ten years now on my right upper

Customer Question

I've been having a dull ache for probably ten years now on my right upper quadrant. I'm 28 years old. I had all symptoms of a gallbladder: running to the bathroom after a meal, the pain, stomach issues. After removal of my gallbladder the symptoms never went away. Now, I'm beginning to have a bad breath odor, like fecal. I'm starting to think there's something really wrong my insides. Maybe my intestines? Maybe I have ibs or crohns? I don't get severe stomach pain though. I do believe I have endometriosis that I have suffered with since I began my period. Sometimes my rectum hurts badly when having a BM.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you need to see your doctor for more testing for your symptoms.

bad breath odor can come from a bacterial H Pylori infection of your stomach. this H Pylori produces urea gas which can cause severe bad breath.

you could have bad gingivitis which can cause bad breath. or severe dry mouth which can cause bad breath.

you can also get breath hydrogen testing to check for small intestinal bacterial overgrowth causing your symptoms

you might need a colonoscopy to look into your colon.

a colonoscopy can look for crohns or colitis.

a GI doctor can help you do these tests

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have never had a cavity and I go to the dentist every 6 months, so it's not gingivitis.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

that is good you don't have gingivitis.

you need to get testing for H Pylori bacteria in your bowels and also hydrogen breath test to check for small intestinal bacterial overgrowth

you need to consult with a GI doctor

you might need a colonoscopy.

you might benefit from probiotics into your diet to help add good bacteria into your bowels

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

do you have other questions?