Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
15267045

My ears are also somewhat plugged. Could this be part of the

Customer Question

My ears are also somewhat plugged. Could this be part of the issue? No photo available.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 1 year ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Do you have any nasal stuffiness/cold/ear discharge/ringing in the ears/ear pain/dizziness? Often the sensation of plugged ears is secondary to blocked eustachian tubes which in turn may be secondary to ear infection,allergic rhinitis or inflammatory bacterial sinusitis and viraemia.Recurrent sensation of plugged ears may be due to cattarrhal rhinitis/allergy.It would be prudent to get yourself examined by your PCP/ENT specialist who can examine you and guide you as per the physical findings.Rarely ear wax impacted in the external auditory canal may cause such sensations.Avoid putting any thing in the ear unless prescribed by your doctor,the specific treatment will be specific to the cause found.Use of decongestants ,whether local or oral will help as will antibiotics if a bacterial infection is suspected.Steam inhalations may help open a blocked nose.