Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

My problem started 5 years ago when I was working at

Customer Question

Hello
My problem started 5 years ago when I was working at hospital.
I feel burning in my urethra and I am pissing 30 times a day. There is a redness on my penis and little red pimples. I took already all antibiotics against bacteria, medicaments for overactive bladder, for prostate, and finally I was circumcised three months ago.
Nothing helps. After circumcised (three months go ) I still want to piss , my penis is red and there are pimples.
In the past, in Europe, one Urologist took a swab from my urethra and he told me there is enterococcus faecalis. Here, in USA all doctors say - everything is OK. But I am still suffering and nothing is OK. I heard about LINEZOLID against enterococcus faecalis. What you would recommend? Should I send a picture?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

I would appreciate it if you could attach a picture or two for me to see.

Also please mention your age.

Do you have any other medical problems?

Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?

Are you sexually active?

One or multiple partners?

Please let me know.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
35 years old
no other medical problems
no medication
sexually active with one partner (woman). Since problem started we using condoms.
The picture is in attachment.
THANK YOU
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Can you please enumerate all the medications that you have used till now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is very difficult to say.
At the beginning I started from antibiotics. Here in US laboratories - In my urine- they do not find anything and keep saying that I am healthy and I do not take any medication. In Europe they took a swab from urethra and found ent. faecalis. I did antibiogram and started from antibiotics - Doxycycline, penicyline, cipronex and few more. I don't really remember all of them. Every time I took antibiotics I was much worse. Doctor said- After antibiotic you will feel better but every time I took it I had a huge attack- redness under foreskin and pissing 60 times a day. When I stopped taking antibiotics It was better.
After all I was taking some medication for overactive bladder but It was big mistake. Than I was taking something for prostate. It did not help at all. Another urologist advice circumcision. After circumcision I felt little better I guess, but problem came back. Two weeks ago I started using Clotrimazol cream- antifungal but I don't see any change.
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

the other expert has opted out.

You need to stop all medications and have the skin biopsied.

This will give a diagnosis so you are not guessing.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.