How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Thomas, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 63757
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Thomas, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a 77 year old female and have an incontenence problem.

Customer Question

Im a 77 year old female and have an incontenence problem. Have tried the exercises but not satisfactory. What other treatment is recommended and will Medicare cover?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.


It depends on the cause.

Yes, medicare will cover almost all treatments.

You need to see a urologist for urodynamic studies.

Incontinence, for example, can be from spasm. There are medications and electronic devices for this.

It can be from overflow due to a bladder not emptying well...this would require surgical correction in some cases, or medications.

And so on.

It starts with the testing.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.