Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

If someone is in chronic pain and doctors through regular

Customer Question

If someone is in chronic pain and doctors through regular pain clinics and emergency rooms won't give you the medication you desperately need is there help they can get. My friend is in so much pain. She has been on Oxycodone for years she had knee surgery 2 months ago got her script filled from the surgeon only to find out that because she did that she violated her pain management contract and got kicked out for 6 months. Now she is in desperate need of her meds and doctors won't do anything
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry about your friend.

your friend should ask the surgeon to give her oxycodone pain medications for only 6 months until she can get back into the pain management doctors.

the surgeon should be able to do that for her since it was that prescription which got her kicked out of the pain practice.

either that or the surgeon should give a call to the pain medicine doctors and talk between them to sort out the situation for the patient.

often times doctors calling doctors directly will help clear up the confusion and miscommunication.

we can not give out prescriptions for patients over the internet who we can't examine and can't keep medical records on

let me know if you have other questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you forward this to *********** This my friends text message number. I can't seem to forward.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

can you let her know to expect my message?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I sent the message

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com