Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Pea size lump just inside the anus. i squeezed it hard and

Customer Question

pea size lump just inside the anus. i squeezed it hard and it popped. nothing came out. i am 38, ive had rectal bleeding. bright red blood. usually on the tail end of stool. then a few drips in the toilet. not all the time but on a regualr basis. ive had colonoscopy 19 months ago by a gastro. was clean. had ct scan of ab and pelvis with dye. came back clean. bleeding still continued on regular basis. had a shorter version of colonoscopy. going in about 10 inches by my gastro. all clear. had a follow up ct scan with dye of ab and pelvis. all clear. stool size is usually normal.my reg i do have some intestines that have pushed out of the anus a bit.had a dre done by my reg doc 2 yrs ago. he said he felt a hemorrhoid. but the gastro cant find anything. the pea size lump just inside the anus, a hard knot. didnt hurt. but squeezing it broke it up to the point where it popped. it was not white. after it popped it did not bleed. i have an appointment with a proctologist in 2 weeks. but im a bit concerned about anal cancer. im lost as to what this was or is.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

This is nothing concerning.

The lump can be a thrombosed hemorrhoid or even a fat cyst.

Bleeding suggests likely hemorrhoid.

You also had a normal colonoscopy.

Do not worry.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.

If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/