Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.
20638885

I feel pain and numbness in my feet, especialy in the

Customer Question

I feel pain and numbness in my feet, especialy in the morning, and when getting up from chair after siting even a short time.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I am Dr.Amita and I would be assisting you with your concern.

Do you have any other medical issues?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suffer a lot from heart burns or gerd, however you want call it. Had endoscopy a few times, but I'd rather watch my diet than take medication. I have recently some skin issues on my legs, sudden red burning spots, small though. I wash with anti-baceteria soap, and treat it with skin cream. doctor had ordered a sono for blood flow in legs, but came back normal. So far I still have these issues, with no clear diagnose and solution.
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

GERD or skin issues are unrelated to the issue of numbness and pain in feet .

We need to look into possibility of peripheral neuropathy where the small nerves supplying the feet are unable to function properly and cause pain and numbness.

Many different causes can cause neuroathy.

Vitamin B12 deficiency is a common cause, diabetes is another.Compression neuropathty where nerves supplying feet get compressed is another possible cause.This compression is common in lumbo sacral spine that is the lower part of spine.

You should first of all take Vitamin B 12 supplements and see if the condition gets better.

If this does not better with vitamin B12 supplements other possibilities need to be explored.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is magnessia right for this also? someone told me about that.
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.

Magnesia would help for heart burn but would not benefit the numbness or pain in feet.

It is also useful if one is having cramps in calf muscles.