Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

My patient age 64 took s BP meds, pain, yet beginning blood

Customer Question

My patient age 64 took his BP meds, pain, yet beginning blood pressure was at 184/84 with pulse of 82, his blood pressure dropped to 176/84 pulse 78. Tooth broke as I said it would, blood pressure went up to 187/102 pulse rate 78. I dismissed him and asked him to get the antibiotics and pain meds and have his BP re evaluated. What should I do or have done?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Was the procedure an elective procedure or an emergency? If it was an elective procedure it may have been postponed if the blood pressure was high, and could have been done only after the blood pressure was normalized. Also with the further rise in blood pressure the patient should have been advised to go to the emergency for treatment of hypertension to avoid complications of an increased blood pressure despite being on medications.

Take care.