Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

I have a pain on the right side of my back mostly with some

Customer Question

I have a pain on the right side of my back mostly with some radiation around the ribs, with occasional pain felt in my shoulder blade as well. This has been going on for circa 2 weeks and has coincided with my getting a cold.
I think I am suffering from some form of IBS.
About 5weeks ago I had another cold while travelling and it gave me loose stools plus stomach pains and abdominal tightness / mild stomach pains. After the cold it went away.
I had similar symptoms when I just had another cold - the other symptoms have gone and I'm now left with the back pain.
One of thing - the skin on the right side of my abdomen feels slightly more sensitive but I think this is physiological.
I also suffer from anxiety.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also would add I have recently had a flexi sig which was all clear and a blood test that was fine apart from ALT level being one over normal range of lab (42)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pain appears to come and go and is not severe. Last day or so has been more constant. Can feel it more when I stretch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lastly I have also been experiencing mild nausea.
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. I'm Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, trying to help you today.

I feel the symptoms you explained closely relate to viral gastroenteritis.

I wanted you to visit the hospital once to make sure your lungs are clear, by having a chest x-ray done.

A stool examination and ultrasound can get the diagnosis closer.

You can just take an over the counter antispasmodic to relieve the intestinal spasms, and visit the doctor if te symptoms continue.

Choose high protein diet, and take a lot of fluids.

Nausea can be a part of many conditions, As I said, ultrasound can also rule out any Gall bladder problems.

Let me know if you have more questions. If you feel the information was helpful, request you to click on the positive rating, and only then I'm compensated here.

You can always ask any more questions even after the rating through the same link.

Have a speedy recovery.

Good day!

Sincerely,

Dr Chaithanya

Thank you.