Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Just want to ask you how can I reduce the homocysteine level

Customer Question

Hi dr. Cameron ،just want to ask you how can I reduce the homocysteine level ،and is there any relationship between ca and homocysteine
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

The expert that you requested is not currently available.

Can I be of assistance?

I had not heard back about my request.

Elevated homocysteine levels are associated with low levels of nutrition and of certain B vitamins. So, the usual interventions to lower homocysteine levels is assuring a healthy diet and B vitamin supplementation, particularly vitamin B12 and folic acid.

The primary illness that is associated with elevated homocysteine levels is heart disease or stroke. There has been some limited studies that have shown an association of elevated homocysteine levels with cancer, but this could be an indirect association, since elevated homocysteine levels is associated with low levels of nutrition, and many people with cancer have a low level of nutrition.