Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have congestive heart failure. I just had two iron

Customer Question

I have congestive heart failure. I just had two iron infusions to boost my oxygen as I was very short of breath and tired all the time Just no energy. I am having a lot of difficulty getting to sleep. I use a c Pap machine but it seems I am not getting enough oxygen to get to relax and go to sleep. What should I do Phill Garnett
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

What medicines and doses are you taking for the congestive heart failure?

Do you have the results of the recent blood work, chest x-ray, and a recent echocardiogram?

When was your last sleep study?

I had asked for some additional information and have not heard back.

The usual first consideration in this situation would be an assessment of the congestive heart failure and consideration of intensification of treatment. I asked for the additional information to get an idea of the status of the recent evaluation and which medicines may be able to be intensified.

Another issue would be whether the CPAP would need to be adjusted. If it has been a while since the last sleep study, then it may help to repeat the sleep study and titration of CPAP.