Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

MY WIFE HAD SEIZURE A FEA DAYS AGO. THE DOC SAIOD IT WAS

Customer Question

MY WIFE HAD SEIZURE A FEA DAYS AGO. THE DOC SAIOD IT WAS SOMETHONG CALLED P.R.e.P CAU8SED BY HIGH BLOOD PRESSUIRE....CAN YOU TELL ME ANYITHING ABOUT WHAT IT IS? ANY INFO WILL BW APPRECIATED. thanx
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking a question. I'm Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, trying to help you today.

A seizure is a neurological condition that occurs due to malfunctioning of brain cells due to various causes. While there is no cure for the conditions, the episodes can be controlled regarding severity and frequency.

When blood pressure is more than 180/120mmHg, it is called malignant hypertension, and it is one of the causes of seizures.

Malignant hypertension has to be treated at the earliest and is a medical emergency, as it can affect many organs in the body like brain, kidney.

I can suggest you to get screened for the cause of hypertension if it is primary or secondary. If secondary, know the right cause and get treated.

If any more doubts, you can always ask me.

If you find the information useful, please leave a positive rating, so that I'm compensated.

Sincerely,

Dr Chaithanya