Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I was on orintation and they though I was drinking I was

Customer Question

I was on orintation and they though I was drinking I was having a medical emergency I was at hospital as RN and refuses to get or drink water. Held for 4 hrs I was having a low blood sugar reaction and negative for alcohol they made me take a cab alone to drug center and then would let me drive home cab as well. I was in orintation 2 days left and they let me go do I have a suitable case?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

From what I understand from your given history it sounds that you had low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) but you were misdiagnosed as being drunk --- is this correct ?

If this was the case as it sounds then I think you may have a valid potential legal case ...yes I think that sounds very probable. ..you may consult a lawyer and have your medical records reviewed

Basically a case of malpractice is based on both failure of the medical staff to meet expected standards of compentance ( point 1) and that the incompetence caused you harm ( point 2)

You need legal advice as well...

I agree that it sounds bad that your hypoglycemia it seems was badly misdiagnosed as being intoxicated ...the details of your situation should be reviewed as next step ...I agree to this point

I hope that this is helpful Let me know if you have further questions or concerns I will be happy to get back with you If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD