Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

When & why, did the Pennsylvania Men's Medical Clinic close?

Customer Question

When & why, did the Pennsylvania Men's Medical Clinic close ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Chaithanya, General physician, a medical writer and a researcher as well. Just thought will help you.

See the 2links below, I have just copy pasted information from the second link, where why....is answered in detail.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/pa-mens-medicalclinic/wayne-Pennsylvania/pa-mens-medicalclinic-florida-mens-medical-clinic-Dr-Hornsby-Rick-NoswongerFired-me-Fir-1107130

July 1, 2015, Commonwealth of Massachusetts v Florida Men's Medical Clinic, LLC d/b/a Massachusetts Men's Medical and Men's Medical Clinic, Men's Medical Clinick, LLC, Kevin Hornsby, M.D. and Heidi Hornsby (Civil Action No. 15-1968H).

The complaint links to PDF file, filed in Suffolk Superior Court, alleges that Dr. Kevin Hornsby and Heidi Hornsby of Florida are responsible for deceptive marketing of a medical facility that went by the names Massachusetts Men's Medical Clinic, Massachusetts Men's Medical and Men's Medical Clinic.

Dr. Hornsby is licensed in Florida but not licensed with the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine.

The defendants allegedly used widespread TV, print and radio advertising to market the erectile dysfunction services and treatments sold at their Framingham facility. The complaint states that they allegedly engaged in various deceptive practices, including:

- falsely representing the medications they offered as new, unique to each patient, painless and with minimal or no side effects;

- deliberately omitting from their advertising that the treatment they were selling involved a penile injection procedure that involved a needle;

• deceptively downplaying the risks of the treatment they marketed and exaggerating the failings of other medications and treatments for erectile dysfunction;
  • illegally advertising their facility as a "clinic" when it did not have the required license;

- engaging in high-pressure sales tactics;
falsely claiming that the medication they sold was by law not returnable; and

• having individuals without the appropriate license perform medical procedures, including injections, without a physician present.

According to the complaint, more than 4,000 consumers went to the unlicensed facility and collectively paid more than $5 million. The AG's Office has received more than 20 consumer complaints about its operations.

The Attorney General is seeking penalties, restitution for consumers, and a court order permanently prohibiting the defendants from engaging in the deceptive and illegal practices in Massachusetts that are the subject of the lawsuit.

The case is pending.

- See more at: http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/clinics/mens-medical-clinic-in-orlando-fl-141624210#sthash.XUynL3jZ.dpuf

Hope I have provided with necessary information. Request you to leave a positive rating, so that I will be compensated for my time. You can ask any questions in the same link.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Dr Chaithanya

Hi, If the above information is helpful, please leave a positive rating, only when I'm compensated. Thank you.

Have a nice day!