Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

What is very best medication infection in urinenery tract

Customer Question

What is very best medication for E Coli infection in urinenery tract
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrHoellering replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

It depends on gender and intensity of the infection. Is the patient male or female? Is it a simple lower urinary tract infection?

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

It depends on the condition that E.coli caused you. It varies if you have E.coli cholecystitis, or E.coli meningitis, E.coli diarrhea, E.coli intra-abdominal abcess or an UTI caused by e.coli.

For severe infections like meningitis, antibiotics like ceftriaxone are advised.

For other infections, antibiotics like doxycline, co-trimaxazole, nitrofurantoin, ciprofloxicin are used.

All these are effective to treat E coli infections, while the drug and dose among these drugs, is chosen based on the specific condition you are having.

Any further questions, I will be pleased to answer for you. If you are happy with the information, request to leave a positive rating, only when I will be compenstaed.

Have a speedy recovery.

Sincerely,

Dr Chaithanya

Thank you

I request you for a positive rating, so that I'm compensated. Thank you.