Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

I've had a couple of weeks of vertigo made up of five days

Customer Question

Hi. I’ve had a couple of weeks of vertigo made up of five days of laryngitis followed by five days of total deafness in my right ear. My usual doctor doesn’t like prescribing antibiotics but another doctor told me I needed a course of prednisone. My hearing has improved today and I can hear almost normally, but I still have vertigo. Do I need the medicine?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to say that I am glad that your hearing is improved now but I still believe that you may need short course of steroids or anti-allergic medication trial. In case of infection they need to prescribe you 5 days course of antibiotics. Yes there is still need of course of medication for quick and full recovery.

Please click positive rating hopefully excellent. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed