Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I've had a mild dull aching headache past 4 days. It's

Customer Question

I've had a mild dull aching headache for the past 4 days. It's localized to the back of my head and i haven't had anything like vomiting, confusion, dizziness or anything like that, just the pressure in the back of my head. It has been all day, it doesnt really get worse but it comes on about 20 minutes after waking up. I have some slight tension in my neck and shoulders when i try to stretch my neck also. I can't see the doctor until Thursday, but is this something i should be concerned about? Im 21 yr old male and my only medical problems are afib and esophagitis
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

it is unusual for a 21 year old to have atrial fibrillation.

do you have excessive anxiety symptoms? this can cause atrial flutter type symptoms, skipped heart beats and headaches and neck tension

if you are not sleeping enough at night time, this can cause headaches.

if you are not drinking enough or drinking too much caffeine, this can cause headaches.

if you are anxious and tense in your neck and shoulders this can cause headaches.

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have anxiety but it was because of the afib I developed it. I was diagnosed with afib at 14. The headaches are just concerning me because I've had it for 4 days straight and I've never had this, but my neck is tense and certain position make the pain less. I'm just concerned is this something I should be going to the hospital for.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I see.

are you on treatment for your anxiety symptoms?

have you tried to use tylenol or advil for the headaches?

make sure you drink plenty of fluids and water.

most likely it is the anxiety causing neck and shoulder tension which is causing you these headaches.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I take aspirin 325 daily for my afib so I didn't take anything else, but it doesn't seem to help
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

aspirin isn't a proper treatment for afib.

you don't need 325 mg to thin your blood. are you treating yourself for this?

you need to see a doctor about treatment for your heart issues and anxiety.

for afib there are beta blockers such as propranolol which can slow down your heart and decrease heart arhythmias and racing heart.

there are also medications which can decrease your anxiety symptoms.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com