How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 44 yr old male, who has experimented w/anabolic

Customer Question

I am a 44 yr old male , who has experimented w/anabolic steriodes. I have never encountered any issues in past usage. 5 wks ago I finished a 3 1/2 month cycle . I was sexually active with some help from Viagra and cialis. As of very recent I hit a wall. I took a 20 mil of cialis and was not able to get an erection . This was shocking , as this had never happened in my past experience. Now am worried if I have permanently damaged my pituitary and my hypothalamus ? How long will they stay inactive? will I ever get an erection again? And if medication is administered how quickly does it work?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

excessive anabolic steroids get converted into estrogens in the body by aromatase enzymes

this higher estrogen levels can cause breast growth and shrinkage of your penis, shrinkage of your testicles and loss of erections

you need to taper down and stop these steroids

and you have to see an endocrinologist

to get blood tests to check your hormone levels

you can not permanently damage your pituitary

but you can unbalances your sex hormones in your body.

do you have a doctor you can see who can do blood tests for you and refer you to see an endocrinologist?