Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I am a 44 yr old male, who has experimented w/anabolic

Customer Question

I am a 44 yr old male , who has experimented w/anabolic steriodes. I have never encountered any issues in past usage. 5 wks ago I finished a 3 1/2 month cycle . I was sexually active with some help from Viagra and cialis. As of very recent I hit a wall. I took a 20 mil of cialis and was not able to get an erection . This was shocking , as this had never happened in my past experience. Now am worried if I have permanently damaged my pituitary and my hypothalamus ? How long will they stay inactive? will I ever get an erection again? And if medication is administered how quickly does it work?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

excessive anabolic steroids get converted into estrogens in the body by aromatase enzymes

this higher estrogen levels can cause breast growth and shrinkage of your penis, shrinkage of your testicles and loss of erections

you need to taper down and stop these steroids

and you have to see an endocrinologist

to get blood tests to check your hormone levels

you can not permanently damage your pituitary

but you can unbalances your sex hormones in your body.

do you have a doctor you can see who can do blood tests for you and refer you to see an endocrinologist?