Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I scored 34 on a Carson monoxide breath test

Customer Question

Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

These tests are generally set to indicate reading in parts per million ...

Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas but 34 ppm would not be particularly dangerous

Are you a smoker ? Smoking does bring carbon monoxide into the body .Carbon monoxide bonds irreversibly to put hemogobin .You may discuss with your doctor . you can have a blood test of level of carboxy hemoglobin as well....

Acute carbon monoxide poisoning is an emegency which may occur if individual may be exposed to a source such as poorly ventlated generator for example or a firefighter as another example ...

Your level in ppm would not be that degree of concern. It does indicate some form of carbon monoxide exposure...as I said smoking is the most common reason for this ....

Let me know if you have further specific questions or concerns .I will be happy to get back with you. If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD