Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I'm a 75 year old man who exercises 3-4 times a week. My

Customer Question

I'm a 75 year old man who exercises 3-4 times a week. My blood pressure is 119/53 and pulse 65. Am I within normal range?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Yes those numbers are looking good...

We never base too much on any single reading though. Pulse and blood pressure will fluctuate. Your Blood presure should be checked over 10 to 20 times and an average looked at >> average seated at rest BP should generally be 100 to 135 over 60 to 85...

So the single reading that you note here with systolic of 119 looks excellent..the lower number of diastolic of 53 is slightly low but OK.. not harmful here..

Vitals here look excellent at age 75 !!

I hope that this is helpful for you! Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you! If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. Bray I appreciate your quick response to my question. I was getting a second opinion, and your answer was the same as my primary care physician.
Irv.

Hello again--

Ok that sounds fine! You are very welcome - let me know if you have any further concerns.

Take care!

Anthony Bray MD