Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

Male, age 81. Lately has been experiencing dizziness with

Customer Question

White male, age 81. Lately has been experiencing dizziness with tingling lips.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to have few important details. Any history of diabetes? Any history of headache? Any weakness of the side of body? Any difficulty in speech? Why you have not taken your blood pressure medication? You have checked your blood pressure now at home?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BP 135 over 80. No diabetes, headaches or the other. Haven't taken BP meds because BP numbers have been in normal range without taking anything.
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the details. I would like to say first of all its very important to take your blood pressure medications on time and it is not advisable to stop blood pressure medications like that unless your blood pressure falls below 100/60 then you can stop it until seen by doctor. Your symptoms of dizziness and tingling lips should not be ta***** *****ghtly it can be due to stopping blood pressure medication which can give peaks of high blood pressure in between. I will highly suggest to see your physician soon as possible or visit A & E (Emergency) to rule out any thing serious such as Transient ischemic attack or starting symptoms of vascular inury to the brain due to high blood pressure in between. Early evaluation in emergency is highly suggested right now.

Please click positive rating hopefully excellent. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had previously ta***** *****sinopril for six - eight months. Was changed to Valsartan on Oct. 16, 2015, but have not taken any of this .Have had two dizzy spells today. They last about 60 - 90 seconds then subside. Blood pressure currently 144 over 81. Slight headache.Note: These "dizzy episodes" are becoming more frequent.
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for getting back to me I was attending one serious emergency in hospital. Sorry for the delay. I would say that with slight headcahe, dizziness and tingling sensations I am more concern and will highly advise to visit emergency in hospital to rule out any thing serious as these are serious symptoms. Please start taking your blood pressure medication regularly.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed