Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have been given 350 mg Percocet after breast implant

Customer Question

I have been given 350 mg Percocet for pain after breast implant surgery today at 10 am. It is now 11 pm. I normally use 10 mg ambien at night for sleep (13 years). May take it along with the per hoser?
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
May I take it with the Percocet
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Yes, it would be OK to take the Ambien if the Percocet is not causing sufficient drowsiness to help you sleep. Since any opiate pain medicine may cause drowsiness, it would be appropriate to first be certain that the Percocet is not causing drowsiness. But if the Percocet is not causing drowsiness, it would be OK to take the Ambien to help you sleep.

When taking two medicines that may cause drowsiness, the patient may experience more significant drowsiness, but since you are trying to sleep, this is less of an issue. The only concern would be whether there is any residual sedation when you wake up in the morning. It is recommended that there should be caution performing activities that require alertness the following morning, such as driving, if there is any residual sedation or at least until you are certain how the drugs will affect you.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.

Please let me know if any additional information would be helpful.