Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I was using the bathroom 2 days ago, and there was pink

Customer Question

Hello, I was using the bathroom 2 days ago, and there was pink blood in the toilet. I was using a public bathroom and there was some blood on the toilet seat (that wasn't mine) which made me wonder if the blood was actually mine. There wasn't a ton of
blood in the toilet but enough to scare me and only in one side of the water which I was urinating into and was diluting it into pink (sorry for all the crazy details). I wasn't sure if it was mine or if maybe there was blood on the inside of the toilet that
washed down when I was urinating. When I first started urinating I was paying attention and my urine was clear - didn't pay attention after that and I don't think I saw any blood in the toilet before I used it (although obviously didn't check inside). So I
have no idea if the blood was from me or washed down from inside of the toilet when I started using it. When I wiped that time there was no blood. I got nervous and went to urgent care and they did a urine test and there was nothing wrong with my urine so
they said to just watch it. There was never blood after that. I used the bathroom about 20 min right after that and there was absolutely no blood. Is this something to be really concerned about?
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I'm 28 and female if that matters
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

there is nothing to worry about

you had your urine tested at the urgent care center

it was someone elses blood on the toilet seat

the blood was not from you

you have nothing to worry about

don't let your anxiety get out of control with worry

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If this were blood from me would it have definitely showed up in the urine test??? Is there any way the blood could have just come up once and not showed up at urgent care a few hours later?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I wasn't worried about the blood on the toilet seat, I was worried about the pink blood pooling inside of the toilet water
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know the blood on the seat wasn't from me, I was worried about the blood inside of the toilet.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

it would have definitely showed up in the urine test.

blood doesn't just come and go the pink blood in the toilet water wasn't your blood either.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can anyone just have blood in their urine once like that with no other symptoms and it not show up in the urinalysis? Is this any sign of something like bladder cancer? Also - had routine blood tests end of july/beginning of august and it was all normal.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

no, you can't have blood in your urine like that and not show up in urinalysis.

no, you don't have bladder cancer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks. Twice before I've had a trace of blood in urine. Can this be normal for females. My mother said she always had this as well and doctor said it was very small and it was of no concern?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

traces of blood in women can often be from period blood in the vagina getting into the urinalysis.

or it could be from irritation of the urethra

after menopause, women can have vaginal atrophy which can cause thinning of the vaginal and urethral lining which can cause trace blood in the urine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well if you were definitely not on your period? And no menopause - Im in my 20s
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I was talking about your mother's blood

and your two episodes of trace blood before.

you don't have blood in your urine now.

it was tested at the urgent care center

there was no blood

the blood in the toilet wasn't yours.