Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

What would you do if someone wrote w nite pretending to be

Customer Question

What would you do if someone wrote w nite pretending to be yiu and signed your name to confirm a diagnosis of bronchitis for work? No insurance issues jo time off work just bc the employer asked.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Could you explain the situation in more detail?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been sick a bit and I have taken no time off of work. My Dr has been out and no one in her office is responding. My job put me on leave bc they thought I lied about being sick even though I took no time off. They demanding a letter in 24 hours w a diagnosis or I would lose my job. I forged one from a dr I found online. I know it was wrong but I can't lose the only way I feed my kids. I am worried now about what will happen. A lawyer tells me nothing bad expect losing my job. I feel terrible.

I think that you are asking what a doctor would do if the doctor discovered that someone had forged their name to a note for work.

If that were to happen, a doctor would usually not do anything other than deny that the note was written and may discharge the patient from the practice. Of course, the doctor would usually not be aware of such a note unless your employer were to contact the doctors office for verification. But if the employer were to contact the doctor, the doctor would typically inform the employer that the note was a forgery. Afterwards, the doctor would likely discharge you from the practice.

As for what the employer would do, that is not a medical issue, although your lawyer has said what I think is likely - that the most that your employer could do is fire you.

Is this the information that you are seeking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that was it. Thank you.

You are welcome.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.