Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

Isoprinosine medication virus. Is it legal in florida or

Customer Question

Isoprinosine medication for hepes virus. Is it legal in florida or usa?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 year ago.

Im sorry to hear about your repeated outbreaks of herpes, but there isnt a permanent cure for herpes. It can stay in your body despite treatment with valacyclovir. The only way to treat this is to treat the outbreaks when they occur.

Now regarding the isoprinosine, this drug is not licensed by the FDA and thus is not avilable for use in the United States. And thus a drug which is not licensed by the FDA, is illegal to be prescribed or used. And secondly if it was available it is not a recommended treatment for use in herpes. it is commonly used in other countries as a immune booster. Although there are studies which do indicate that it may be beneficial but so far it is not in the guidelines for use in this condition. But even those studies do not clearly indicate its usefulness infact in some studies it was found to be inferior to the anti virals which you are currently using.

I hope I have been helpful and this answers your query. Please remember to assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge although any bonuses would be appreciated. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.

If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place and still earn a positive rating from you. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR Dr. Muneeb Ali".

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Do you have anymore questions? If not, please leave a Positive rating as until you do i do not get compensated for my time.