Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

68 year old woman pain on the left side below the waist -

Customer Question

68 year old woman pain on the left side below the waist - usually only in the morning
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

pain below the waist on the left side could be due to a strained back muscle or a pinched nerve in your lower back or due to constipation or diverticulosis or a small kidney stone or something else.

pain only in the mornings could be from poor support from your mattress at night time or arthritis in your back or from rheumatoid arthritis which tends to cause more pain in the mornings.

do you have a doctor you can see who can do some testing for you to check on what might be causing your pain on the left side below the waist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont go to the doctor - this pain is generally only in the morning on the left side below the waist toward the hip - its not the mattress I know that my mattress is new
its not in my back at all or in the area of the back where my kidneys are - there is no pain when touched or pressed either - any other thoughts?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

it could be due to arthritis or bursitis or tendonitis in the hip

with the fall and winter coming, often times with new cold dry air, hip and other joint aches and pains can be worse in the morning.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope none of those - the pain is more of an ache rather than sharp once I move it goes away - I am overweight too about 25 pounds - i have a little dog - she has arthritis I have to lift her up and down couch, bed etc - not a lot but a couple of times of day at least - the dog weight 13 pounds could it be from the lifting?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

it could possibly be from repetitive lifting of your dog.

if you are bending frequently at the waist, this can cause wear and tear on your joint there.

and cause an ache in your hip

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com